I'm deliberately keeping this short, but I think challenges are quite important. As I've been running for a few years I've always measured my growing success/capability by annual mileage. A few years ago I'd aimed to run 681.2 miles in a year - simply that equates to a half marathon (13.1 miles) every week (although most definitely, back then, all in one go). 3-4 times running maybe 4 miles a time and job done! In the event I did manage to beat it. Wind forward to 2016 and the numbers are higher - that year I'd started with a target for 800. That seemed like a lot, but possible. What changes in 2016 was the creation of a running club in Hook where I live. It took off in the autumn and I got involved at the tail end of October... In essence two things changed. Firstly I was running with other people (all of whom were either a good laugh, or good runners, or both) and that really puts a different complexion on running as an activity. I l...
Comments
Post a Comment